Ticker

Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Retail therapy, and why you should not SP

I had a SP on Sunday morning, 24 hours before WI. It showed a 1.25lb gain and I was gutted. However my official WI on Monday morning showed a 0.5lb loss! I just don't understand it. Same scales, same time of day, same clothes. I went to the gym on Sunday and had a very good work out and ate within my points but still such a swing in 24 hours is beyond me.

On the plus side the pleasure in managing a loss made up for any disappointment I might have felt in it only being a 0.5lb loss and not yet getting below the 12 stone mark - only 1lb to go!

I noticed for the first time this week that I have really lost weight on my sides, lots more to go on the tum but any improvement is positive! The muffin has been banished!

To celebrate the loss of my first stone I went shopping yesterday. I bought a pair of size 16 jeans, I'd like to lose a bit more off the tum to feel really confident in them but still a size 16!! Also bought two new pairs of Nike trainers, one for the gym as they have special soles for indoors (apparantly!) and another which are intended for running outdoors but I will use for walking, especially on holiday.

Now I can't wait to wear my new trainers to the gym, which is good added motivation for going, although actually the last two weeks I have really enjoyed the gym so don't need much added incentive. I have upped nearly all my weights up one notch which gives me a sense of achievement and I feel that the cardio bits are getting slightly easier too. Also for several of the weights my trainer put that I should do 1-2 sets. I started doing 1 but I am now doing 2 for all of them. I am 4 weeks into this programme but I really enjoy it so I don't think I will ask for a new one after 6 weeks as I am entitled to, I think I'll keep pushing and only change it if I feel it gets too easy. I am sure the toning I have noticed on my figure is mainly down to the gym workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment