Ticker

Wednesday, 15 July 2009

The traumas of eating out


I think I have pretty much got the hang of eating within my points at home. I am earning 21 or so activity points a week which I think is pretty good - someone on the 5+ board said you should work up to 28 activity points a week which is what is needed for maintenance, so I think 21 at this stage is fine.

The problems start when I try and eat out. Don't get me wrong I plan, make good choices, point everything etc. It just feels that the choices are so limited, everything really yummy is off limits! My problem is I like all the things that are high in points; chips, sticky desserts, creamy pasta sauces, cheese. I avoid them all at home or find low point alternatives and manage not to feel deprived, but when I go out I am afraid I do feel deprived.

Tuesday was my hubby's birthday so we went out for tea. Nothing grand but it was eating out. I had steak with a jacket potato, peas and an undressed side salad. Tomorrow we are going to see the new Harry Potter film after going to the gym and are planning to have lunch at Frankie & Benny's so I'll need my 'eat out' book. I definately will NOT be having the mixed grill or the BBQ double cheeseburger (28.5 and 45.5 points respectively!)

No comments:

Post a Comment