After a couple of weeks of being just a quarter of a pound off I finally got my 50lb star today. The online tracker had a really nice little message about how it is a terrific achievement, tell all your family and friends and reward yourself. It got me thinking that 50lb really is a lot of weight! It's taken me almost a year to shift it, I've been slow but steady.
I already have been rewarding myself. I left work a couple of hours early and went shopping on Thursday. It was raining and I figured much of Manchester would be quieter on a Thursday afternoon, which it was. I started by buying a couple of posh lippys at Space NK and then headed over the road to Monsoon. I have always liked Monsoon clothes but have never been the right shape to wear them. My shape has changed from what it was when I was this weight before so I thought I'd at least try some stuff on, I was in the mood to experiment. Everything in stock was very summery so I tried some dresses and some skirts and tops. I fitted with ease into size 12 skirts and 16 tops, which are the sizes I have been wearing elsewhere so I tried size 16 dresses, but they were too big so I had to get 14s!
I got a pretty black dress with white embroidery, it is a bit posh for everyday wear, and I would need to get heels to go with it but I might be able to find a garden party to attend this summer! Also a white top, blue skirt and another dress. All this is very daring for me, skirts and dresses have been strictly of the maxi variety for years, it is so exciting to try different things on and think they look good.
I mentioned in my report card last post that I had recently bought a bright red fitted coat. This was the start of my realising that I can branch out a bit and look for different clothes to the safe options I have been wearing.
Fun, fun, fun!
2021 Review Thingo
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment