
It is amazing how much better you feel once you begin to lose just a bit of weight. In my first week I lost 4lbs, which is not a lot my the standards of many of the lovely ladies on the WW +5 message boards but it felt so good!
The best bit about the first week was seeing a difference on the tape measure. I was not expecting to see a visible difference so quickly but in one week I lost 3cm on my waist, 3cm on my bust and 1cm on my hips!I think part of the good feeling comes from starting to take control and feel, 'yes I can actually lose weight!' I've never tried to diet before. I always knew that fad diets are a stupid idea and the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to burn off more calories than you are eating. I always knew there is no magic pill or operation that could fix my weight - it was all up to me. I just thought that it would take more will-power than I had to actually do it. But once I started it was surprisingly easy - I suppose I just had to make the decision in my own mind and commit to it.
WW is a sensible plan. I like being able to choose what I eat. I soon realised that the main reason I had being going wrong before was portion control. I had a completely erroneous idea of a suitable portion. When I started the plan I bought a range of WW frozen ready meals. It was an easy way for me at the beginning to have the portion controlled for me and then I bulked out the meals with lots of veg. I ate an apple and drank a portion of orange juice each day which meant I had to eat at least 3 portions of veg with dinner - it's easy to fill full after 3 portions of veg! Now I have bought my trusty WW food scales I can foods and branch out with what I eat a lot more.

No comments:
Post a Comment