This morning I braved the machine at the gym which measures weight, height and body fat %.
It turns out I am an inch taller than I thought I was. This completely alters my BMIs, so I've just spent 10 minutes recalculating my mini goals past and future. According to the WW website my BMI is currently 28 not 29! Hurray!
This information has contributed to my decision to alter my goal weight. When I started WW I picked a round figure of 8 stone as my goal purely as that was my weight when I was 18. It was never a firm goal, just something to start with. I soon realised that 1. 8 stone was right at the lower end of my healthy BMI, and 2. I was never going to be the weight I was at 18 again and shouldn't aspire to that.
So I have decided to shoot for 9 stone instead. That would put my BMI at 22, nicely in the middle of the healthy range. Hopefully I will also be a size 12 at that point. Again I am not wedded to this goal, I'll see how I feel as I get closer to it. I may decide to stop before that point if I am happy with my body.
If 9 stone is the eventual goal, and if I get there it means I would have lost a total of 4 stone 2lb. I feel a bit of a fraud for being on the 5+ board and challenges. Maybe they'll kick me out?!
Anyway that's the good news.
The bad news was this machine measured body fat and mine was 37.8%. Anything over 35.1% is poor, average is 30.1%, good is 26.8% and excellent 22.2%. So I have a looong way to go!
I'll measure myself once a month or so and see how it changes.
WI tomorrow.
2021 Review Thingo
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment