Yesterday I went back to the gym for the first time in 2 months. About blinking time too, I've been so crap lately avoiding it with excuses of cold icy mornings. I had to decrease some of my weights, especially for my inner thinghs. I had noticed that my inner thighs looked smaller and now I think that I have lost some of the muscle rather than the fat - not good.
Yesterday's gym visit was the only activity points I earned all week last week. Normally I earn 2 points a day walking to and from the train station but being off work meant too much sitting around. I think partly as a result I gained 0.25lb this week. Only a tiny gain as I did stick to my points all week, but maybe the lack of activity showed.
I don't really believe in new year resolutions, (I've never met anyone who really stuck to one!) but I do have some objectives for the year. With Christmas successfully negotiated I really feel that goal is within my sights. Only 1 stone 5.75lb to go. So my main objective is not so much to get to goal as I feel sure that I will sometime in 2010, but rather to start exercising more and increasing the muscle while I lose the fat.
My mother in law was surprised last week that I still wanted to lose more weight. I'm just a few lbs off the top of my healthy BMI, but I do want to drop another dress size, but I want to be toned at goal, not still flabby. I don't mind if it takes me longer to get to goal if I can be happy with the end result. After all no one can see the weight on your scales, they only see your figure.
If I can reduce my body fat percentage hopefully I will lose more off my bust too... still dreaming!
So it's back to the walking, back to the gym and I'll see if I can go more than once a week. Maybe it's time to try something else too. I feel happy enough with my body that I could brave swimming or a class if I can find something to suit. We'll see!
2021 Review Thingo
4 years ago

I could lift most of your third paragraph verbatim and post it in my own blog, as I'm in much the same situation, just a few more pounds than you to go. Plus the comment about your MIL. I'm visiting mine later this week and will no doubt have the usual "you don't really want to lose any more, do you" question.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all your endeavours.